New cases of COVID-19 in Essex dropped for the third-straight week as there were 24 reported for the town between April 15-21, according to the Vermont Department of Health.
Essex had been averaging 31 new cases per week since mid-November prior to that time period.
Of Chittenden County’s 154 new cases discovered for the week, 15.6% of them were from Essex. That’s higher than the 11.6% of the county’s total cases since March 2020 that the town has accounted for.
Through April 22, 59% of Chittenden County had started or completed the vaccination process.
24: Number of new cases in Essex between April 15-21
782: Total cases for Essex since March 5, 2020
154: Total new cases in Chittenden County between April 15-21
464: Recent cases for Chittenden County (last 14 days) as of April 21
11.6: Percentage of total cases in Chittenden County stemming from Essex
2nd: Where Essex sits on the list of most cases in Chittenden County
1: Number of new instances of a person being in an Essex Westford School District building while being infectious (April 15-21)
- 0/8: New/total such instances for Albert D. Lawton Intermediate School
- 0/4: New/total such instances for Center for Technology, Essex
- 0/5: New/total such instances for Essex Elementary School
- 1/19: New/total such instances for Essex High School
- 0/3: New/total such instances for Essex Middle School
- 0/3: New/total such instances for Founders Memorial School
- 0/2: New/total such instances for Hiawatha Elementary School
- 0/10: New/total such instances for Summit Street School
- 0/1: New/total such instances for Thomas Fleming School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Westford School
3: New deaths in Vermont from April 15-21
243: Total deaths for Vermont through April 21
1: Deaths in Chittenden County between April 9-22
305,123: Number of people in Vermont to receive their first or second vaccination dose through April 22
210,256: Number of people in Vermont to have completed vaccination through April 22
81,787: Number of people vaccinated in Chittenden County through April 22
59.0: Percentage of Chittenden County vaccinated through April 22