Essex recorded 31 new cases of COVID-19 between April 8-14 as reported in the Vermont Department of Health’s latest town-by-town update.
That’s the same as the average the town has logged each week since mid-November.
Essex accounted for 10.7% of Chittenden County’s 291 new cases for the time period, which is slightly lower than the 11.5% of the county’s total cases Essex has accounted for since early March 2020.
Chittenden’s 291 new cases were the fewest for the county in the last four weeks.
31: Number of new cases in Essex between April 8-14
758: Total cases for Essex since March 5, 2020
291: Total new cases in Chittenden County between April 8-14
721: Recent cases for Chittenden County (last 14 days) as of April 14
11.5: Percentage of total cases in Chittenden County stemming from Essex
2nd: Where Essex sits on the list of most cases in Chittenden County
2: Number of new instances of a person being in an Essex Westford School District building while being infectious (April 8-14)
- 0/8: New/total such instances for Albert D. Lawton Intermediate School
- 1/4: New/total such instances for Center for Technology, Essex
- 0/5: New/total such instances for Essex Elementary School
- 1/18: New/total such instances for Essex High School
- 0/3: New/total such instances for Essex Middle School
- 0/3: New/total such instances for Founders Memorial School
- 0/2: New/total such instances for Hiawatha Elementary School
- 0/10: New/total such instances for Summit Street School
- 0/1: New/total such instances for Thomas Fleming School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Westford School
10: New deaths in Vermont from April 8-14
240: Total deaths for Vermont through April 14
3: Deaths in Chittenden County between April 2-15
279,422: Number of people in Vermont to receive their first or second vaccination dose through April 15
186,511: Number of people in Vermont to have completed vaccination through April 15
73,652: Number of people vaccinated in Chittenden County through April 15
53.1: Percentage of Chittenden County vaccinated through April 15