Essex continues to experience hikes in newly-discovered cases of COVID-19, that trend now carrying through the last three weeks of the Vermont Department of Health’s town-by-town report compared to the previous six weeks.
Essex had 50 more cases reported for the week of Jan. 14-20, that being the most for a seven-day period since the pandemic began. Only Burlington and South Burlington had more cases reported in that period with 77 and 51, respectively.
The local school district found three more instances of someone being in a school building while infectious, all of those being at Essex High School (EHS). Now with eight apiece, EHS and St. Johnsbury Academy now have the most reported instances in the state.
Across the state, the death toll saw a heavy rate reduction as there were just six between Jan. 14-20 with four-straight days having no changes reported.
Disclaimer: These numbers are based on data shared by the Vermont Department of Health. Sometimes, the DOH will update previous days' data based on newly-received information in later days.
50: Number of new cases in Essex between Jan. 14-20
414: Total cases for Essex since March 5, 2020
305: Total new cases in Chittenden County between Jan. 14-20
11.7: Percentage of total cases in Chittenden County stemming from Essex
3rd: Where Essex sits on the list of most cases in Chittenden County
3: Number of new instances of a person being in an Essex Westford School District building while being infectious (through Jan. 20)
- 0/1: New/total such instances for Albert D. Lawton Intermediate School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Center for Technology, Essex
- 0/3: New/total such instances for Essex Elementary School
- 3/8: New/total such instances for Essex High School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Essex Middle School
- 0/2: New/total such instances for Founders Memorial School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Hiawatha Elementary School
- 0/1: New/total such instances for Summit Street School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Thomas Fleming School
- 0/0: New/total such instances for Westford School
6: New deaths in Vermont from Jan. 14-20
168: Total deaths for Vermont through Jan. 20
3: Deaths in Chittenden County between Jan. 10-23
31,827: Number of people in Vermont to receive their first vaccination dose through Jan. 22
9,942: Number of people in Vermont to have received both vaccination doses through Jan. 22
13,013: Number of people vaccinated in Chittenden County through Jan. 22