- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3 eggs — beaten
- Large can of drained pineapple chunks (in heavy syrup). Reserve juice in case you need to add more liquid to moisten
- 5 cups broken up white bread (I cut off the crust)
- In an oven proof pan, mix together butter, eggs and sugar.
- Add drained pineapple and bread.
- Stir until all the bread is very moist.
- Add some of the reserved juice if needed.
- Use a casserole that will hold at least 2 quarts.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe provided by Rich Decker, owner of Lost Nation Smoke Company based in Essex Junction
Did you know this squash variety is actually called “Red Warty Thing”? This particular beauty weighed-in at 25 pounds when purchased from Lang Farm Nursery in Essex.
Share photos of your weird foods with us by emailing email@example.com!