Art Events

Join the Column-Inch Collection!

CIC

Contact Michael: michael@essexreporter.com

Upcoming Events

Balkan Folk Dancing. Join the dancing festivities taught by Louise Brill on July 5. Easier line and circle dances are taught the first hour, followed by intermediate dances, reviews and open request dancing. Beginners are welcome and no partner required. Wear informal, comfortable clothing. Plenty of parking. Ohavi Zedek Synagogue, Burlington, 4-7 p.m. $6 recommended donation and a snack to share at break. Contact Louise: 540-1020 or dance@together.net.

French Heritage Day in Winooski. Vermont’s 10th Annual French Heritage Day will enliven Winooski’s downtown on July 11 from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. This outdoor celebration of all things French including music, art, crafts, food, and language, produced by the Winooski Historical Society includes craftsmen, genealogists, fiddlers, singers, historians, fencers, petanque-players and more. Admission is free. Information: facebook.com/VermontFrenchHeritageDay

Current Exhibits

Imagined Explorations. Vintage Inspired Lifestyle Marketplace in Burlington is pleased to announce an exhibition entitled “Imagined Explorations” from Essex resident artist, Jody Desjardins. Desjardins describes his work and process this way: “The work I create is a continuous dialogue between the visual input I receive and how I process this information through the language of painting. I am not always certain about the image I am going to make; instead it’s more about what I discover through the process of building layers of paint, patterns and line.” Desjardins works on surfaces that are recycled and bring new life to them. He gathers inspiration by exploring his environment by bicycle. Jody lives and works in Essex. Exhibit runs through June 30. Vintage Inspired Lifestyle Marketplace, Burlington. Gallery Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday 12-4 p.m. Information: http://vintageinspired.net/press/

“Walter Wick: Games, Gizmos and Toys in the Attic.” The Shelburne Musuem will be hosting this retrospective exhibition of the photographic illustrator and award-winning co-author of the “I SPY” children’s books. Featuring large-scale photographs, meticulous models, and behind the scenes video of Wick and his assistants building the models, this exhibition will thrill with puzzles, vibrant colors and optical illusions. Exhibit runs through July 5. Shelburne Art Museum, Shelburne. Exhibit Hours: Wednesday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission: $8 adults, $5 children. Information: shelburnemuseum.org.